Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE. YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE CONFIRMS YOUR UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE.
1. Products, Content and Specifications. All features, content, specifications, products and prices of products and services described or depicted on this Web Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Weights, measures, sizes and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided only as a convenience. We will make all reasonable efforts to accurately display the correct information of our products, including the applicable colors; however, the actual color you see will depend on your computer system and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors.
2. Shipping . When an order is placed, it will be shipped to an address designated by the purchaser as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on this Web Site. All purchases from this Web Site are made pursuant to a shipment contract. As a result, risk of loss and title for items purchased from this Web Site pass to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. We will follow up any claims with the shipping companies used for damaged and/or lost shipments on your behalf. As pre orders are made with International Distributors delivery times can only be estimated. Manufactures/ suppliers or shipping contractors delays cannot be forseen and as such, any delays will not be the resposibility of Reef Aqua or Reef Aqua and it will be at Reef Aquas or Reef Aquas discrettion whether a refund will be applicable.
3. Accuracy of Information. Reef Aqua attempts to ensure that information on this Web Site is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this website may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the updated completeness or accuracy of any information on this website.
While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.
4. Our Website. Every aspect of our website/s are either the property of Reef Aqua and are protected by their associated laws and may not be used except as permitted by Reef Aqua or with the prior written permission of the owner/s of such material. Modifying any aspect of this Web Site in any way or reproduce or distribute or otherwise use any such materials for any public or commercial purpose is strictly prohibited. If there is any unauthorized use of any aspect of the website you may infringe all associated laws and regulations. It is your responsibility to keep your personal information, including log in names and passwords and not sharing such information for use by others. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
5. Trademarks. Trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos used or displayed on this Web Site are registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of Reef Aqua and its affiliates. Nothing contained on this Web Site gives you the right to use, copy etc. without the written permission of Reef Aqua or any third party owner.
6. You will need to gain written permission from Reef Aqua if you wish to display, use for any activity any links that are on the website. Any permitted links will need to comply with any laws or regulations stated by Reef Aqua
7. Other Links. Reef Aqua will occasionally display links to manufacturers or other relevant information not connected or owned by Reef Aqua. Any said links are made available solely as information and Reef Aqua accepts no responsibility for the information presented in any of the said links. If you choose to access any links that are available on our website or links to us you do so at your own risks.
8. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any Australian or International law. Reef Aqua will have the rights to cancel any accounts and will cooperate with any law enforcement agency for any breaches of the above mentioned.
9. DISCLAIMERS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR RISK. THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. NEITHER REEF DIRECT NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND NEITHER REEF DIRECT NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES MAKE ANY COMMITMENT OR ASSUMES ANY REQUIREMENT TO UPDATE SUCH MATERIALS OR SERVICES.
ALL PRODUCTS AND/ OR SERVICES PURCHASED ON OUR WEBSITE ARE SUBJECT ONLY TO ANY WARRANTIES OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MANUFACTURES, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, IF ANY UNLESS STATED. AS PERMISSIBLE LAW, REEF DIRECT HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES LISTED OR PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, REEF DIRECT DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT CLAIMS THAT ARE DUE TO NORMAL WEAR, PRODUCT MISUSE, ABUSE, PRODUCT MODIFICATION, IMPROPER PRODUCT SELECTION, NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY CODES, OR MISAPPROPRIATION.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Reef Aqua and Reef Aqua Distribution does not assume any responsibility, and will not be liable for any damages to, or stock losses that may infect, your computer, telecommunication equipment, or other property caused by or arising from your access to, use of, or browsing this Web Site or your downloading of any materials, from this Web Site.
IN NO EVENT WILL REEF DIRECT, REEF AQUA DISTRIBUTION, WHOLESALE OR RETAIL PARTNERS OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR TRANSMISSION OF THIS WEB SITE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING ANY BUSINESS RELATED LOSSES) ARISING FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS WEBSITE. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEB SITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS WEB SITE. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY, IF ANY, IS FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR SUPPLIER OF SUCH SERVICES, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH MANUFACTURER'S OR SUPPLIER'S WARRANTY, OR TO SEEK A RETURN AND REFUND FOR SUCH PRODUCT OR SERVICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICIES POSTED ON THIS WEB SITE.
12. Revisions to these Terms and Conditions. Reef Aqua, has the right to and may revise any of our Terms and Conditions at any time and from time to time by updating this document. It is your responsibility to review this document to ensure you are familiar with current Terms and Conditions because they are binding on yourself. extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. 14. Termination. You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Web Site at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Web Site at any time without notice.
15. Additives/ Supplements- Reef Aqua strongly recommends that you do full testing of you aquarium water for any product you may add. Reef Aqua takes no responsibility for any misuse, overdosing of any additives or supplements.
16. Reef Aqua offers products for sale on the basis that the product is available at the time of your purchase. For reasons where the product is not available at the time of order a full refund will be issued or the customer will be given the option of making a purchase of another product at less than (with refund of difference) or equal to original purchase price.
Warranties and Returns
Reef Aqua sources many products and services from international suppliers and not local distributors because the local distributors will not supply any of their products to online stores such as us.
As a result Reef Aqua will have their own warranties on these products they purchase from overseas suppliers to ensure quality of customer service.
Troubleshooting . While we have a good knowledge on most of the items we sell no one knows the products better than the manufacture. They are all going to be best equipped to troubleshoot any issues you might be having because they have encountered them before and can provide an immediate resolution. The manufacture is also going to be the best source for replacement or missing parts. Upon request we are happy to have missing parts shipped to us and then back out to you but requesting them directly from the manufacture will get them to you the fastest
Items Damaged in Shipping: If an item is damaged in transit, we will replace the item free of charge and cover the cost of shipping the replacement.
Please keep the damaged product and packaging, take a photo of damage for your records and possible communications with Reef Aqua and manufacturer.
If your product arrives damaged, you must contact us within 3 days from arrival date or we can not honor the return. Please open the package and inspect items for damage immediately upon arrival.
Unused/ Unwanted Items: It will be at the discretion of Reef Aqua whether any unused and opened item can be returned for refund. There will be no return fees , including restocking, charged on any goods. Receipts or serial numbers must be produced.
Nonfunctional Items and Warranties: If your product does not function correctly or is otherwise considered broken, we will direct you to the manufacturer of the product for warranty or service. Manufacturers prefer to troubleshoot their own technical issues and are better equipped to help solve problems. Contacting the manufacturer directly greatly speeds up the process. All of our manufacturers are easy to deal with and should address any issues within 24 hours (Monday through Friday). If you have a problem with the manufacturer, please contact us immediately. We are on your side and will make sure you get the technical support you need.
If the item is a Reef Aqua product and it doesn't function correctly or ceases to work within the warrantee period please contact us for a replacement.
Where possible Reef Aqua will offer a limited warranty for many products. Reef Aqua will be holding spare parts for most products. If for some reason Reef Aqua cannot solve/ fix the problem then it will be sent back to overseas manufacturer for repairs.
Warranties on Hanna Checkers Reef Aqua will offer a full 12 month replacemnt warranty on all Hanna Checkers. Warranty only applies to normal general use and does not apply for misuse or using for other purposes product is not inted for.
Payments, Pricing and Promotions
Payment Options: Reef Aqua accepts Paypal, Bank Transfers and all major credit cards. We do not accept cheques or money orders
.Pricing: Most of our products feature quantity discounts. There are some items that are not discounted due to manufacturer minimum advertised pricing rules.
As Reef Aqua is unable to purchase from local distributors we will, at this moment, source all products from Overseas.
Items are already priced at the lowest price allowed. Reef Aqua will price match in most circumstances. Please provide a link to the competitors site and item that you would like us to match.
Promotions: There are a number of unique promotions on Reef Aqua that will appear from time to time.
Installment/ Layby: Reef Aqua will soon have available a function to enable customers to purchase certain Equipment on an installment or layby type plan. Further details will be announced once software is operational
Goods will not be shipped until full payment has been received.
As certain equipment will need to be purchased overseas once a customer has committed to the purchase and understands the approximate time frames for delivery their will be no refunds but Reef Aqua will consider options at it's on discretion.
Accounts and Orders
You can view your order status online by clicking "My Account" at the top of any screen on the website. There you will be able to view all of your recent orders, with the option to view older ones as well.
You can update your account information by clicking "My Account" at the top of any screen on the website. There you will be given the option to change your password, shipping & billing address, and phone number
If there are any corrections needed to your order please contact Reef Aqua immediately.